View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayDoh View Post
I use the northlands Buck-Shot rattle spoon in Perch 3/4 oz usually, but I have all the sizes. Smallest work for perch.

https://shop.northlandtackle.com/spo...-rattle-spoon/

Anywhere from 6 to 12 inches of line between treble and spoon, usually 6. They have ones that glow, and I bring my head lamp and a flashlight. I値l put one spoon in a slot in the tackle box, White - Glow side up and the small bright flashlight over the slot.

If I only want to give the one I have on my line a glow boost, I値l hold it up to my headlamp. You can also use your phones light or flash.

Use Fluorocarbon line between and keep the minnow a few inches off bottom, or occasionally they want it right on bottom. Check the line here and there and after every Pike.

The only issue with these is storing them. I keep a few rigged up and put them in pill bottles, a tall thin one for each. At the end of my braid mainline I have a snap swivel. And I now tie up a few treble + 8 inch lines with a snap swivel also. So if I need to switch hooks either to replace or up-down size, it痴 quick and easy.

A Pro-Staffer gave me that trick years ago, and it痴 my most often used lure. The spoon banging the bottom and kicking up silt gets their attention. Then you lift the rig so the minnow / hook is near bottom, and the glittering and glowing spoon is almost a foot off bottom like a beacon.

If you watch the spoon banging on camera, it might look like a fry is attacking a near dead minnow off the bottom. That and the silt give it a Frenzy look. Again, maybe I think too deep while staring at a screen, flasher or hole. lol.

The snap swivel at the end of the mainline, is almost as quick and easy as grabbing another rod. I don稚 store rods with lures, so I have to set them up anyways, which means by just switching leader / lure rigs I知 not doing extra work. Yet I sometimes have a second rod with say a crankbait if I知 switching often, or I知 out in the cold.
Thanks PlayDoh. I値l be getting a few of those and getting them tied up.

Thanks to everyone. I never expected to get so much great info. I知 excited to get back out there and put it to use.