View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
My wife rented a place waterfront on Kokanusa Lake and I have not been there in many years.

Any tips, or insight to that lake?

I am familiar with planer boarding and have a mast set up, have down riggers, and have fished for Salmon, Trout, Kokanee in many other BC lakes with success - so a simple nudge is all I need.

I am assuming I'd fish it the same way. Apex, Coyotes, Hoochies, Lymans, wedding rings, micro dodgers and flat fish.

How about better versus worse areas to try (don't need exact GPS) maybe just a nudge.

Any recent info is appreciated.
Koocanusa ("Koo"tney - "Can"ada - "USA") Always thought it was some Native name till my brother pointed this out. He lives in Whitefish Montana and says the lake has some great Kite Surfing weather... which usually means fisherman be warned. I heard the same holds true in the northern section in BC. Watch out from underwater submerged hazards, floating wood and wind.

On the USA side they catch some giant bows, bulls, kokanee and who knows what else. I know guys fish the Canadian side just never hear that much about it and minimal information. Would love to hear how you do when it is all said and done. Good luck!

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures