View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarplayingfish View Post
Fishing on the ice and have a cooler right there and fish on the ice would be enough grounds to allow for an inspection of the cooler. Your purse, I think would be a bit of a stretch. Fish are kept in coolers, not in purses. I don't think there is any real expectation of privacy when it comes to a cooler on the ice, sorry. Same as if you are fishing the officers can search your tackle box for items that would be prohibited for fishing without a warrant. Cab of truck would be a stretch I think.
No, It wouldn't be.. I Just took a law course and was told that straight from an ex-CO's mouth.

If someone called in and said that there was fish in the cooler or if the cooler was right beside the fish than yeah, but if the fish are outside your tent and your cooler is inside the tent there would be no reasonable grounds to search it unless there are signs of blood/scales,slime/ etc. An officer has no right to search your tackle box without consent... Thats like saying an officer can go through your ALL your hooks until they find a barbed hook (say you just bought it, new) and he could fine you for having it. I don't think so man.

So all it takes for F&W to search is an anonymous phone call? Did the ex-CO say this?