View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
lol,no doubt,I have been searching for a specific lake in cent AB for for some time ,I travel trochu - sundre & crossfield -innisvale most weeks.iam fairly personable with lots of the farmers in this area.I have maps and every hard resource,I can find but still cant locate the lake I seek. yes i can just go google it. to me that's not the point .no one in my local area has ever heard of this lake,that wont stop me. I fished a boat pond in the uk in winter, weeks of skunks &sticklebacks,folks walking by lookn at me funny,one day 10lb carp 2lb perch for my troubles ,effort =reward.yet I have no problem helping a honest guy out, what is a guide,taking people with no clue and giving all the knowledge,experience,he can to put them on fish.yet still skunks occur to the best.mellow,remember we are a brotherhood of anglers,not fishcatchers
I had a lake like that, knew of a guy who fished it regularly, I searched for it for years, no one had ever heard of it, mostly because I had the frikkin name wrong! I was close but no cigar. found out last year its still there, but they flooded it to make Crawling valley reservoir I dont mind helping people out, I have gotten lots of help myself, especially being new to this area. But when I post pics of some nice fish, and get tons of PMs asking for the exact location, because they really really want to go catch those fish too, not gonna happen. I can tell you the lake, but a little common sense and a whole lot of luck is how I find most of my spots, try the same thing and maybe you will get lucky too. Lots of resources out there, barry Mitchell, SRD maps, anglers atlas maps, and my favourite, Google earth is awesome for locating good fish holding areas. Ive met some awesome fisher people through this forum, and swapped locations with many of them, because I know the spots we would like to keep to ourselves dont go any further than those people and myself. When I get PMs from people, and I have had quite a few, with ZERO posts, I have no inclination to help them out for the most part. You give a little, you get a little.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich