View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Banned

Due to injuries I've been hunting with a crossbow for +10 years. SUPPOSEDLY, the process to get a permit was simplified this year. If you already had a permit it became more complicated. Even though I already went throw the loops and hoops once, I have to do it all again..........and then every 3 years (maximum) it's reviewed!!! There is a NEW form that has to be filled out by a doctor, physiotherapist, etc (more options there) and even if your arm was totally cut off you have to get the new form filled out........no exceptions!!!! I can understand that policy if permits were issued for temporary injuries but if the injury is PERMANENT (ie arm amputated) what does SRD think.............that the arm will grow back? Bureaucracy at its best!!!

I bought an Excalibur Exomax in the Spring and I'll tell you that it is a bulky hunk of equipment to carry around and hunt with. Get a double wide treestand if you plan on using one. I want my 150 lb Barnett Commando back.....lol!

No, you don't have to purchase a bowhunting permit if you are using a crossbow. It's in the regs.

There may be a few people that can consistently get a "tight" grouping at 90 yds but they would be the exception. A 2" grouping at 30 yds is the norm for me.

I highly doubt that any of the guys that are trying to beat the system are going to be overly impressed with a crossbow over a compound bow. Wait and ask them.....lol!

I don't know if you could find a medical professional to certify that you have a permanent disability that prevents you from using conventional archery equipment.........a sore shoulder doesn't meet the criteria.......you have a hard time with this IMO. However.........if using a crossbow is the only way that you can still bowhunt then either give it up or pick one up. It's not the ultimate killing machine that allot of people think it is though.