View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 04:51 AM

Fully appreciate the comments guys and know your hearts and inttentions are always in the right place. I will be proud to fish with all you volunteers and sponsors.
The fact is we are getting some singular donations...e.g. rod and reel, because there isnt enough for all 100 children we need to utlilize those much appreciated prizes in other ways that benifit the event.
The sponsors of those prizes fully realize also that without volunteers a kids fun day isnt possible. So they are happy to see a token of appreciation go a volunteers way.
All you volunteers are giving time, vehicle wear an tear and fuel.....repayment isnt possible, but a token of thanks looks possible and realistic at this time.
I wish the event wasnt cash tight so that we could just give them away but facts are as you can imagine, lots of little and big items to hold a event for 100 children and 50 adults has unexpected costs. So in fairness i think the 20 buck buy in to win from a pile of prizes that are all worth between 25 and 350 dollars is fair and sensible...its my hope there is a prize for every volunteer by time im done canvassing.

As ive stated before if our cash situation changes and the funds arent needed to buy enlargements and frames for sponsors appreciation gifts, then we can spread our wings and make even more kids smile with a donation to the Make a Wish derby by Rumtun.

With the grace of god ,if im able to organize this next year i will do many things differently and eliminate alot of the problems ive had this year.

I thank you all who have helped with volunteering or sponsoring. YOU ALL MAKE ME PROUD TO BE A FISHERMAN AND I'D BE PROUD TO FISH WITH ANYONE OF YOU ANY DAY. YOU HAVE ALL STEPPED UP BIG TIME AND WILL MAKE A DAY THAT THE KIDS WILL NEVER FORGET.