View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rycoma View Post
Why is everyone so intent on fishing here. Jumping pound is a big creek and all the hassle for what there are much nicer spots to fish on it with a possibility of way more and bigger fish. I have fished there a couple times never had an issue but not much for fish. Further upstream is my cup of tea but to each there own I guess.

When buddies and I first fished that section in the late 90s, we parked on #1 bridge and just kept walking down as it seems fishier. Waded way down and found some really nice pools. Started hooking into them ,then out of no where guy comes to creek shotgun in hand yelling get of my damn creek, we cant fish here. At the very moment buddie hooks a nice bull. Guys starts yelling that's a bull trout and put that damn thing back, so my buddie tells him the hook still in the mouth and cant get it out.please wait please.lol...funny when buddy and i now about it how fast that hook came out of that fishes mouth..Anyways we left right after that fish back up to the hwy #1 bridge and along the whole way we all were quiet. Arrived at the vehicle and all say what the heck just happened? Was for sure a really productive section, but we got the hint