Thread: S.E. Mule deer
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff336 View Post
Your absolutely right i am looking for info. I don’t frequent that part of the province and was hoping to fine some direction. Just like I would be willing to help a guy out In the foothills and mountains. I’m planning on heading down that way this summer for some camping and scouting. Just hoping to get s jump start on the guys that ask where the deer are in zone XYZ. Im not afraid of wearing out some boots or gettin out.
sounds like a good plan for the summer. Makes it a lot easier to give advice when you don't cast such a large net Lots of grazing leases in that area and there are deer in most areas. If that is the area you want to hunt, I have no doubt you will find some permission. Permission is the same across the province really. some guys say no, most say yes. The exception is during very dry falls. 2 years ago it was a bitch to get permission, especially after that fatal fire east of suffield. Guys were pretty jumpy. Its big big big country down there. have some good boots and a game cart for retrieval. We know a lot of the landowners personally so sometimes retrieval with a quad is possible, a game cart is great to have. Tons of campgrounds there, I like fire rock but others are good too. It is usually fairly busy on labour day weekend but it gets a hell of a lot quieter after that.