View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 06:12 AM

I can't say I am a fan of Toyota trucks.
The one Toyota truck (bought new) I did own was a lemon and I had to get rid of it after 2 years. My neighbors Tacoma is also a lemon from what I can tell. I spent most of this Saturday helping him tear apart and rebuild most of the front end - it has 200K km on it mind you but its never been off the pavement.
I've had good success with the last 3 GM's I have owned. 1st one went 365K km with no major issues. Next one 140K km - no issues and I only got rid of it because I wanted the 6.2 and a better towing package. I've got about 140K km on my current Sierra and no major issues - maintenance items only. I always ran Fords before I switched to GM and I had no major issues with Ford's either.
I would have no problem switching over to an F150 if I had to. The 5.0 with a 10 speed seems like a decent truck and I have been looking at one for a 2nd vehicle - there are some screaming deals on leftover 2018's right now.
I know people will rant about the higher resale on Toyota trucks but if one is putting out $10-15K more at the initial purchase you should get more back. It's a no-brainer.
In my case it wouldn't matter anyway as I pretty much drive my trucks into the ground or pass them along to family members - so I could care less about the resale $$$.