View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Ford if you really, really like the service lounge at your dealership. Toyota if you prefer to be anywhere else. What is your time worth during vehicle downtime? What happens when that downtime is not work downtime but scarce leisure downtime. I had a childhood with a Dad who had a knack for running unreliable vehicles or somehow breaking reliable vehicles and we had many a ruined holiday. This has heavily influenced my vehicle choices & maintenance and pre-holiday vehicle prep right down to packing a well-appointed tool kit.
HAHA

My 2016 Ecopoof has 51,000 km on it. Never seen a service lounge. Do they sell beer?
My 2012 F350 6.7 has 99,000 km on it. Not a single issue, no lounging.
My 2009 F150 4.6 has 320,000 km on it. Never seen the shop for anything other than oil and tires, I did the heater core. The rearend is starting to sing a little, but after this long the truck owes me nothing.
My 2007 5.4 has 285,000km on it and the last 6 years has been doing nothing other than snowplowing duty, which has made the transmission bad. Apparently the trans is known for issues if used for snowplowing, which is one of the reasons they went to the 6 speed. Never been in the shop, but it will this spring.
My 2003 7.3 has 500,000+ km on it. I put a transmission in it at 380,000, bought it without reverse from Ritchie bros. My lounge is a little fridge in the corner of the garage.
My 2000 7.3 DRW was sold with 540,000+ km on it. ZERO issues other than wear points; little front end work, but nothing on powertrain.

Not all fords are evil

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....