View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
HAHA

My 2016 Ecopoof has 51,000 km on it. Never seen a service lounge. Do they sell beer?
My 2012 F350 6.7 has 99,000 km on it. Not a single issue, no lounging.
My 2009 F150 4.6 has 320,000 km on it. Never seen the shop for anything other than oil and tires, I did the heater core. The rearend is starting to sing a little, but after this long the truck owes me nothing.
My 2007 5.4 has 285,000km on it and the last 6 years has been doing nothing other than snowplowing duty, which has made the transmission bad. Apparently the trans is known for issues if used for snowplowing, which is one of the reasons they went to the 6 speed. Never been in the shop, but it will this spring.
My 2003 7.3 has 500,000+ km on it. I put a transmission in it at 380,000, bought it without reverse from Ritchie bros. My lounge is a little fridge in the corner of the garage.
My 2000 7.3 DRW was sold with 540,000+ km on it. ZERO issues other than wear points; little front end work, but nothing on powertrain.

Not all fords are evil
Well you proved one thing. If your going to own a ford and want to go anywhere you need to have plenty of spares.

I also love how ford guys can justify all the things that break. A yea, few transmissions, couple rear ends, front ends, hvac systems, drivelines, general wear and tear items. Nothing serious and no engines yet but then I avoid half the engines ford ever built cause they suck. I would have to say they’ve been pretty bullet proof if you ask me.

I don’t drive either brand now but from all the Toyota’s I have owned the only one worth talking about was the 482,000 km on a 4Runner. I did a set of front brake pads, one set of spark plugs and oil changes. The others all got traded in to early to brag about but I had zero issues with any Toyota I ever owned, less that set of spark plugs.

You can’t pretend the fact Toyota’s aren’t the choice of fleet managers that they’re not cheaper overall. Bean counters very rarely look that far down the track. They’re more worried about upfront cost per unit and meeting their quarterly budget.