View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 04:28 PM

My Dad had a Datsun/Volvo and Mazda/Bmw dealership growing up. Loved those old Datsun pickups for reliability and ease of maintenance but didn't like the rust. Bought a 92 Pathfinder new for my wife. It went 416,000 km through 2 kids after the wife was done with it. 2 exhaust systems, 3 timing belts done by me, a couple of batteries and that's about it. Sold it a few years ago to a friend for a winter vehicle and it's still trucking.

Been driving mostly Fords since about 85 as work vehicles. Have had a few company Chevy's and even a Dodge. They're all pretty similar but I always liked the looks of the Fords and the fact that they weren't "car trucks" like the Chevys although the Chevys sure rode nice without a load. We switched to Fords for the field a couple of years ago from Dodge. A little more on fleet rates, but so far, have been holding up better with less major issues.

Have had 5 personal F350 diesels now and have had next to no issues, the most serious being a control module on my 2009 that was covered under warranty at 102k. Even my 2006 gave me no grief outside of regular maintenance. A lot of it comes down to the nut behind the wheel and following a proper maintenance regimen. Toyota has always had a high reliability rating but they aren't immune to problems. The chicks really dig the Fords too!