View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokey75 View Post
I appreciate you making the call. That kind of action is needed more.

But telling you right now that Nixon's office telling you it had nothing to do with parks/environment is a complete load of crap. The only way this kind of thing goes through is with DE-regulation. By removing the legislation that would ban open pit coal mining it was an absolute green light.

For Nixon's office to say it was out of their hands is just a lie. A total lie. Does anybody think a massive project like a coal mine has ZERO impact on the environment? Of course not. Totally within his office's wheelhouse.

Environmental reporting regulation have been recently removed. Open pit coal mining is now allowed. And....here's the kicker....they are looking at closing down well over 120 parks. That is no coincidence. If private managers to these parks cannot be found (and they wont for the most part....it's a hard business to run) they will revert back to Crown land and the govt can do ANYTHING they want with them. They say they won't sell them. I don't believe that for a second but they can certainly lease it and I am sure that is what will happen. Energy and timber companies are salivating right now.

It also just so happens that if you take the map of the parks they intend to close (to save a measly 5 million btw) and overlap it with what is projected to be large deposits of coal and natural gas....they line up incredibly close.

Make no mistake....it's all connected and all planned well in advance (our former environment minister is now the head of the largest coal mining association in Canada) to take public land, sell it or take away access and permanently ruin pristine waters for profit.

J
I made a point of sparing you all my opinion of how the Environment and Parks office dismissed any involvement in this... But yes, very concerning.