View Single Post
Old 04-27-2023, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
I’ve just been tying on a small store bought 5 inch wire leader with a swivel on one end and a clip on the other.

I was thinking of using wirebite or similar and then I thought why not just use a sort piece of 15 lb braid with a small snap swivel for easy hook changes.

This would be for smaller walleye but also hammer handle pike.

Thoughts anyone?
I predominantly fly fish for walleye, I make my own leaders, I tried pretty much everything from heavy fluoro to titanium, the braided stainless, I find kinks, though the rio stuff is pretty aside from the kinking, the heavy fluoro 25lbs, is like Russian roulette, and usually it’s some dink hammer handle that bites me off, usually always a good fly I’ve tied, so rarely do I use fluoro, the titanium knot to kinky I find to be the best, rarely kinks, somehow it’s somewhat elastic , but is hard to tie knots with, opposed to how supple the fluoro and braided wire are to tie, I use
Mustard rolling diamond eye swivels on either end size 14, one end with the j snap, I think that titanium stuff goes down to 10 or 12 lbs, that stuff is fire, very thin.