View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeman06 View Post
All a smoker really is is a chamber that holds smoke guys. Make one and put your own twist on it. Electric burners are cheap and adjustable or if you want propane just take an old tiger torch and choke off the orifice a bit or get a pilot light fitting. Go to the dump and grab some oven racks or buy some from cabelas and build off the rack dimensions...tin is cheap and bricks are too. Cinder blocks work good. Thermometer to see where you stand temperature wise and angle iron to support the racks. Cut up some little willow and that's your wood source. This blue tooth and digital this and that and wood pucks is not what smoking is all about...it's pretty simple and centuries old way of preserving and adding smoke flavour to food. I think that's getting lost in the smoke pardon the pun. Alberta outdoorsmen forum not Canadian tire shopping junkies forum. Bahaha.

I hear ya. Made this one 25 yrs ago. An old 50’s fridge and an old indoor bbq element for heat. An old steel strainer for wood chips. $0 maintenance.

Looper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk