View Single Post
Old 01-18-2023, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertanGP View Post
I have a little more perspective than most on Provorov's decision. My son played with him in Brandon with the Wheat Kings for a couple of seasons, sometimes as line mates. Ivan and his family are staunchly religious. His Dad is a priest/minister in their church, and would fly overseas from time to time more or less unannounced to make sure Ivan wasn't dicking around like most of his teammates. My son told me he was completely dedicated to hockey and never drank or did any of the other crap some of his teammates were renowned for in Brandon. All that kid did as a top draft prospect was keep his head down and stay in his lane. At the combine interviews, teams would ask him to dump on his teammates and he never said anything bad about even the worst of them and told the NHL teams that was their jobs to figure out their character not his.

That kid was raised right. Period.
Because of your post, I’d dare say we are more in the know than 99.95% of people. Thank you for sharing that. I am glad to read this. He’s from a different world. To judge him harshly for following his interpretation of personal religious beliefs is off limits. I’m not defending or accusing him. I don’t know him. I saw nothing that could possibly be construed as hateful. I’d say people should all be leery of condemning this guy. When your boss can impose matters of conscience, we are hurtling down a slope we really don’t want to be on.

The world could be so much easier if people would just live and let live.

Last edited by sns2; 01-18-2023 at 06:21 PM.