View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Jamie's light bulb busting reminds me that I frequently make FM radios go out of tune when I'm within a close proximity. It happened with quite a number of different units; it would go fuzzy when I was near, then broadcast clearly when I moved away; I attributed it to something like my dental work or whatnot causing interference. Haven't noticed it for a while though. Trying to tune one was aggravating, as when I did get it to a good reception setting, once I moved back it wasn't right anymore. Kind of like whack-a-mole

Jamie should get ahold of Sylvania or GE and offer his services on a commission basis; just walking every road in the city could earn him another boat!
Whoa! I have noticed the same thing - I'm not sure what it is, but it seems like I can't be anywhere near an FM antenna without causing interference. It's more frustrating than anything, wanting to listen to the radio but getting constant static. Same sort of thing with the old rabbit ear antennas... I can't adjust them, they get all messed up as soon as I back away. Static charges? I don't know