View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofDixie View Post
Neil.... just curious of what broadheads you like for bear?
have taken bear with every broadhead I have ever shot...prior were Sonics and as of now G5 Striker since they were introduced...

IMHO bear are the easiest big game critter to take down with a decent shot in vitals...

Although bears have huge muscles and thick fur...their hide is relatively thin and their ribs are small and finger round compared to moose or elk with thick, wide and flat rib bone.

Bears bleed out quick...most likely due to adrenaline pump when hit...an instinct of flight or fight in the bear world...

The key is a razor sharp head from a well tuned bow placed almost anywhere in a double lung hit...99% of the bear I have shot with the bow regards of where or how all went down within sight and expired in mere seconds...

When I was guiding for bear the two biggest factors of lost bears were one lung hits...shot too low from high angle stand and mechanical head failures...not a statement or opinion...just a fact!!

If I had a personal recommendation..it would be any sharp, solid, fixed broadhead and study bears anatomy and understand the angle of shot from stands...

Neil

Neil