View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepguide View Post
Yes they can be trained to do what you said but as I stated there needs to be a distance from the hunter that the dog can be. Tough for a dog to heard or push when in is next to you within a certain amount of feet. If guys can train the dog to do what you stated it should be very easily to train them to stick to the hunters side, out of sight of the sheep and not causing a concern to them. There for not being an issue in any of your sheep proposals.

Perhaps you should post all the sheep proposals you have in your posession for us to reveiw.

There is ways that it will work. But when guys can only find the negative and not look for solutions then nothing can be accomplished.

Looks like certain guys just dont want this to go through and will find any small excuse on why it cant be acomplished

SG
Yeah, that's pretty much been my position from the start. There has to be clearly defined guidelines in order for something like this to be considered.

Responsible dog owners on here have already stated that their dogs are well trained and heel, stay, etc on command and and will do it anyway. Their dogs will stay with them and not wander away so, I don't understand why the same people would be opposed to having clear regs demanding the same high standards for other dog owners.

It almost seems like there is something more sinister going on when people claim that something is going to be done a certain way but they are opposed to that way becoming the set standard in a regulation.