View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Diamond is owned by Bowtech and they are a good bow. Similar to Mission which is owned by Mathews. My brother started on a Diamond and it was great for him. He upgraded after about 4 years when he knew he would be bow hunting long term. The biggest concern with these entry level bows is usually the rest and on this package it has already been upgraded to good drop away. The 4 pin sight should be sufficient as well as the stabilizer and quiver. And if you check the ad I believe a brand new release is included.

Gold Tip standard hunter arrows are hard to beat and there is no need to upgrade to XT or Pro's for hunting situations. They should run you about $160 for a dozen fletched and with field points. Get a dozen... 6 might not last very long.

And to be clear I have no idea who the seller is in the link I posted, just that you might want to consider a packages such as it.
The bow has three pins. There's plenty of room in the site to add more. Can you buy the individual fiber optic pins. Looks like they're just in and adjusted with an allen key.

He's gotta learn about arrows. There are some guys selling here but I don't know what to buy. Seems like a couple good deals here right now. I imagine prices at JimBows are a bit higher than Cabelas but competitive (does Cabelas have some good arrows)....
Going to call and set up a time to go get him set up and into some lessons.
He's excited.