Thread: Wading Boots
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
Well, they look like good boots. My only concern is that they're women's boots . . . not that there's anything wrong with that, in and of itself.

Being that you and I are the same height, and I figure our feet are about the same size (I'm a 10), you might have to get men's boots. Sometimes wading boots have to be bought a size (or more) larger to accommodate the waders with the attached "socks" (like the ones fishstix mentions).

So, not only do you have to think about what boots you want, but also what (if any) waders you'll be using with the boots. Make sure you try them on in person

And, yes, Fishstix . . . "Rock Snot" (Didymosphenia geminata) can hitch a ride on anything: including your dog and your bellyboat. Felt soles, however, provide an excellent environment for it and are generally considered to be worse than the other options. Having the removable felt soles, however, should make it easier to clean them and ensure that they're Didymo free.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.