View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebrand View Post
A thanks to all who signed.

To those who feel proper training is required. You are quite correct. Just like it was for them to get appointed as Peace Officers by the Albera government. Just as was required to carry handcuffs OC spray and batons.

A man was murdered because he was doing his job dealing with an animal complaint. A sidearm may have saved him. It may not have saved him. His grandchildren have no grandpa. His wife has no husband. His kids have no father. His friends and coworkers have do not have him around any more.

Everyone seems to forget the real issue is that Officer Lazenby is dead because he was doing job for the people in his community. Hopefully your community strives for the safety of its employees as well.

The are many Peace Officers who should not have sidearms. There are also many RCMP and municipal police officers and sheriffs who should also not have sidearms. Just as there are mechanics who should not have wrenches. And accountants who should not have pencils etc.

I bet there are people who do what Insurgus does that should not be doing what he does. He may even be one of them. Or he may not.

Everyone has a Right to be safe at work. Qualified ( I am not able to bold... Darn phone) QUALIFIED Peace Officers should be armed. The Province should set a standard for qualification.

I wonder who was the last officer before the murder to contact the suspect? I bet it was not a sheriff or a Mountie. I bet it was poor old dead Rod Lazenby.
I bet he carried a sidearm for his 35 years as a Mountie. If he was not qualified who would be?

Sign the petition.

Rest In Peace Officer Lazenby
Well said....... signed.....