View Single Post
Old 02-08-2023, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperdodge View Post
The Canadian dairy cartel always rolls out the old canard that the American dairy industry is laced with hormones and antibiotics. There isn't a dairy cow in Canada that hasn't received both at some point in her life.

Remember last year when the butter they made wouldn't soften at room temperature? Canadian dairy producers were accused of feeding palmitic oil to get increased yields.

There are fewer than 10k dairy farms in Canada. They are a cash cow and produce tremendous cash flow to their owners. There is no competition and the dairy industry holds every Canadian hostage with their high fixed prices. About half of all dairy farms are in quebek.

Farmers are allowed to treat with antibiotics, they are Not allowed to ship milk from a treated cow as every tank is tested. And if it does get shipped by accident the farmer must pay for the entire tanker of milk if it was his fault. And all contaminated milk will be dumped. As for growth hormones that is illegal soooo....

I know a few dairy farmers and they aren't what I would call "rolling in cash" however if you are so convinced this is the case feel free to start. There is a new entrants program to help you as well to get started this glamorous high roller lifestyle.
Feel free to milk cows every day 2 or 3 times a day without break, knock your socks off but that aint for me.
However I am also not opposed to farmers getting paid for the sweat that they put into their work.
I would much much rather the farmer ie grain,beef,dairy etc make the profit rather than the walmart.

It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire