Thread: Travers Closure
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Foss View Post
Never once did I say all anglers in the sawt would say that. I was only ever trying to exemplify some scenarios that may have arose when action been taken to close the leg for the sawt. I never have given an exact statement of what I thought, or what others who may or may not be fishing the trail have said, but only ever suggest what may be another side to look at it. I wasn't ever trying to portray an argument to sway people to one side, and I had stated before that there may have been things to consider and not been so simple as saying "its closed". So don't implicate me as valuing money over fishes lives. Because I don't. I am just a rational thinker who likes to consider other aspects to a scenario other than the easy plain sighted views. Rather than just saying "why was it not closed" and grabbing a pitch fork I go "good question, maybe this was a reason, or a concern....... Since I am not on the board, nor am I tight with the pres, I dont have all the information". My posts were only ever intended to share these thoughts of "think this through before we burn someone at the stake"

Because I'm sure this post is partially (if not wholly) directed at me, I should explain. See below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop_Tine View Post
... I fish that tournament which has been held around the same time every year , there has been quit a few times the tournament has been won outside of the river , there has been quit a few times the river is unfishable because it looks like chocolate milk, this is why i dont wanna get involved on this thread , the sawt president should not be evan brought up in this thread , it is legal to fish the river for everyone , so why shpuld the tourment suffer , if for one second u think every tournament fisher man doent care about the fish, for one stop the poachers at the spill way they are hurting the fishery way more than the sawt ever will!!!! ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFugger21 View Post
... No one, as far as I know, is debating the fact that the anglers fishing the SAWT care about the fish. There was one post that made the anglers sound bad (made by Dan Foss), which was commented on about how it sounded bad, and was clarified. So non issue in my mind. Next.... ...
I was replying to Drop Tine's post, who is implying that some of us are saying that tournament fisherman don't care about the fish. And I was simply pointing you your post Dan as an example, I was not saying that you think that. If you read the blue part of my post above, I said it "made the anglers SOUND bad...", which it did, and then I go on to say that it "was commented on about how it sounded bad, and was clarified"- commented on by Chub, myself and maybe others, about how it sounded about, and it was clarified by Dan that that was not what he meant or intended to imply. Case closed.

I DO NOT think that the anglers fishing on the SAWT don't care about the fish. I don't know for sure one way or the other, but I would like to think without a doubt the tournament anglers take care of the fisheries they on.

On top of that, I am in no way trying to crucify SAWT and start a mud slinging brawl, nor am I trying to "burn someone at the stake". If it comes off that way, then I apologize! That is not my intent. In all reality, I have zero knowledge about the SAWT organization as whole, the President, nor the members.

But at the same time, if questions are not asked about certain intricacies or scenarios about organizations in general, not just WU and SAWT, then any organization not questioned could get away with just about anything they wanted, and would not be held accountable. And that is all I'm trying to do, is ask questions. Most of the time I'm mostly "thinking out loud" via this thread about the "whys" of things that have occurred.

I completely understand that there is another side to story, and for some things there is probably a completely rational explanation about why certain things have happened. But until those explanations are offered, those questions are still going to come up. And again, I completely understand that the answers to those questions may not be provided in this setting.

I will admit, there are some things about this all that make me scratch my head, but if I am ever shown that some of the questions I have posed are completely off-base, I will not hesitate to set the record straight and admit I was/am wrong.

So to that end, again, I apologize if it comes off as me trying to drag someones name through the mud. I am only trying to ask some hard questions about "why". But I will not apologize for simply asking questions.