Thread: #1 Boating Rule
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post
wish i could eyeball it but it is built into the middle of the floor and the only way at it is a bunch of screws and to take off a seat base.

i will be replacing with a whole new gauge, wiring, and sender unit and see what happens.

if i could easily switch to 2 remote tanks in the floor i would go that way for sure but i think it will be a pretty big job to make that set up work.

Rather than a fuel level gauge, it is recommended to instead get a fuel consumption gauge. You can get both if you wish, but if you were to get just one, I would opt for the latter.

Just a thought. Also, it is good practice to employ the 1/3-1/3-1/3 rule, because sometimes half a tank isn't enough to get home.

As for the rest of the thread:
I find May long to be the absolute worst time for dumb-dumbs to be out on the water. Be it the guy with his brand new shiny boat, or the "seasoned" boatsman. Numerous people can't be bothered in the spring to ensure their equipment is in proper working order, BEFORE heading out. We have all seen them out there, plugging up the launches and docks because, "it worked fine last year"... Even something as simple as ensuring the plug is actually with your boat kit. I can't count the amount of times I have given out a spare plug to help a guy out.

At the end of the day, everyone is out there for the same reason. But it only takes one to sour it for everyone else.