View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
Then why do they feel the need to carry a handgun...? You said they carry it for protection. Are they fearful of something... Yes, I get home insurance because I fear my house will burn down. The root cause... fear. Keep diggin' your hole...
Ladies and Gentlemen...the liberal mind...hard at work. lol.

For protection, same as a fire extinguisher. Doesn't mean they're living in fear. There is a difference between being prepared for something, no matter how remote, and living in fear. I have a fire extinguisher in my truck, doesnt mean I live in fear of my truck burning down. In fact reminds me of a story I once heard: One day on a lonely bit of road a police officer sees this good old boy speeding in his pickup.

So the police officer pulls him over and tells the good old boy that he was speeding a bit, but then notices all these guns in the pickup truck.

There is a gun rack with rifles and shotguns behind the driver and the driver has two revolvers on each hip, a .45 across his chest and a small ankle gun.

The police officer says, "Son, what are you afraid of?"

The good old boy says, "Not a damn thing!"

Keep digging indeed...lol.

At any rate, my apologies to the OP, this handgun HUNTING poll, has taken a bit of a divergence from the original topic...no surprise though.

Well I was going to say Priceless in reference to the "open mind" comment. But rich is also acceptable.

Element, the one element you are ignoring regarding stats is the different cultural make up of the USA compared to Canada. Compare the actual violent crime rates amongst blacks in the US to whites. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States There, now feel to scream RACIST!! Facts are facts. Too bad you can't look at them with an open mind, and instead live in a cloud of irrational fear.

When handguns regs are loosened in any US jurisdiction there is NO increase in violent crime...usually a small decrease if anything. Any of the cities with tight gun control have higher crime rates than any of the other cities.

Your cry for stats is really hollow though. The stats are there for anyone with an open mind to see if they care to look. Tighter gun control leads to more crime. Looser gun control leads to less. Pretty simple. It's an experiment that has been performed countless times the world over and the results are always the same. Disarm honest citizens and surpise, surprise...honest law abiding types are defenseless, and guess what?....the criminals forget to turn in their guns. Who would have ever guessed that in a million years?

Last edited by rugatika; 01-02-2012 at 09:17 AM.