View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Monkey View Post
I agree Roper.

All the guys that think this is appropriate for their 14 year old sons.

All good for your 14 your old daughter as well??
You betchya.

Every kid is different, and I wouldn't tell a parent how to raise their children- but to any folks here who may have the attitude that practicing leniency towards make believe graphic violence/sexuality means that a person is not doing their job as a parent...give your heads a good, hard shake. Then shake it again.

I have worked in schools and over heard 14-15 year old girls giving each other tips on very, very disturbing sex tactics. Innocent looking, straight-A students- not problem kids with absentee parents. It may or may not be "your" daughter actually involved in the acts, but at the very least you had better believe she's more exposed to those types of conversations than I am as an adult.

Being a hard ass on minor issues is a really fantastic way give yourself a false sense of security and ensure that your kids don't trust you with serious stuff.

Bottom line- there is no blanket right or wrong. Know your kids, where their level of maturity is at, and what they can and can't handle.