View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistagin View Post
I've refrained from posting comments on these threads, but I have to say something to those of you who think the past day's 'incidents' are isolated to a couple of radicalized and vulnerable-to-being-exploited young men with serious issues, and have nothing to do with the 'peaceful' mainstream Canadian Muslim community.

I agree that many of them seem to be 'just like us' - wanting to live peaceful, productive lives. However, I have a colleague who lives and works in a large 'mainstream' Muslim community in a large Canadian city, part of his work involves doing social work, community building, and teaching life skills to youth. On Tuesday I got a letter from him asking for prayers of protection because SINCE the ISIL decree urging 'attacks' against 'infidels' he has been threatened several times by Canadian Muslims in the community where he works - threatened with being beheaded in public! As well, the local Christian church has been vandalized (repeatedly) and Christians threatened with harm. That community has now rapidly descended into living in a state of fear, and years of work trying to help make that community a stable and inclusive one are rapidly being undone.

After several threats he was compelled to call in the police, and they have come, and they have questioned the individuals issuing such threats, but basically they are just being told to behave. No arrests, no charges laid. The threats aren't being taken seriously, nor is the vandalism of Christian property. This colleague is in fear for his life and considering abandoning his life's work and moving away, as are the Christians living in the neighbourhood. When the Muslim component of that community was small and few it was 'peaceful' and full of talk about 'them' desiring to be fully integrated into Canadian life (as it can be merged with their Muslim faith), but now that more than 60% of the people living there are Muslim it is becoming a 'ghetto' where non-Muslims are unwelcome - and pressured to move out. What do you think the outcome of that, when successful, will be?

So, what say you who think there is no need to be concerned?
Just how far behind England, France, the Netherlands do you think we are here?

Europe's experience to that exact situation is that those areas become breeding grounds for extremism and radicalization

What, O wise ones who want to embrace these folks with open arms and naive hearts, are your solutions to the problems we are just beginning to face?
This is a total load of truth and awareness and everybody should know it.