View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 01:10 AM

^ That was one of the best hunts I read about on this site so far. Thank you for sharing the story!

We had some snow on the hills overnight yesterday so I moved out for a walk in the evening. I grabbed the gun and the mulie tag with me just in case something came up. Well, I got up to the snow level on the hills and scared quite a few deer from then on The stuff was just too crunchy and loud. On the way down, I spotted a few does (around 5) out in the open about 300 yards from my vehicle, which can't really get much better than that. I figured I might as well close my tag. The wind was blowing south, they were south east of me, enough to the south that I was simply moving straight down the hill (i.e. straight east) to get close. All was going great, until I got to the last tree line to cross (I was about about 200 yards away from them on diagonal). That is when a dude showed up walking his dogs. Of course he was driving his 350 and the dogs were running behind it. And of course he drives close enough to scare the deer (at this point I cannot see them but know exactly where they were). Next thing I know, a few moments later there is a doe staring straight at me at about 70 yards straight south of me and right in the wind. By the time I got the gun to my shoulder, she was running to the bush and so were the other ones. That was it for that hunt Yeah, well... The walk was quite nice though.