Thread: legend boats
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 12:10 PM
rivets

Default rivets

I have to agree on the dealer thing, it was 4 yrs since i had the problem with mine so i had forgot some stuff about what happened. I had bought mine at a dealer in St.Albert so i brought it back there for warranty even after the service adviser told me to bring it to a welding shop, told him what was wrong but he didn't need to look at it because he knew what i was talking about. So after 6 weeks i go back to pick it up so i could use it duck hunting ,well the service guy says i don't have it done but i will give you the part to do yourself. Well i ain't never put a transom in a boat before so i told him you best come take a look, well he had order a little bolt on cap for the back corner. I ended up taking it back home and using it until the spring came i called them back and well their not the dealer anymore. I had numerous calls to the service rep for Alberta who was just giving me the run around for about a couple of weeks. It wasn't until i emailed the person in sales( i think) in Manitoba that everything was settled. I had totally forgot about the whole experience, i guess i blocked it out. Sorry for hijaking your post , i had also read a lot of forums on rivets or welds and came to the same conclusion that they both had there benefits and disadvantages. Once again sorry for hijacking this.
600twin