View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Have you ever used horses on a mountain hunt? Did you look after them on the hunt or did someone else do all of the work? Hauling horses around and tending them during a hunt is a lot more work than some people realize. And when the hunt is over, you can't just park them and forget them until the next hunt. If it was so easy to hunt with horses, many more people would be doing it.
C'mon Elk. Many people (including me) don't avoid using horses on hunts because it's HARD. We don't use them (and the guides and outfitters that come with them) because it's EXPENSIVE. I'd love to go on an outfitted hunt, I just can't justify X thousands of dollars to do it for a couple days.

And a big outfitted hunt with horses causes a lot more trail damage than any bicycle, e-bike or not. Try hiking any trail that horses regularly use.

I get there are laws and rules but some people here seem more concerned with banning something new than evaluating whether it really does any damage. haven't heard anyone put forward any evidence that an e-bike has any more environmental or wildlife impact than a regular bike.