View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 01:41 AM

Since the ABA is trying to mislead the public with the history of how this ABA Proposal got to where it is today, let's review this Jan. 03 2014 post by ABA Executive Secretary Cole O'Neill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBFK View Post
When did the ABA support the mule deer draw? We had a committee together to bring factual information forward from hunters to try and fight it. From my understanding at the first agmag meeting Srd had their minds made up before they even sat down. Unless you are talking about making an archery only draw? Yes after bowhunters lost general opportunities we would like a kick at the cat.

Yes I am an executive member.

Yes I support this proposal 100% why would I want to bludgeon an animal to death with a pointy stick.

I would have to double check emails but I'm sure these proposals either go out in newsletters or emailed through the members list.

So I commented stating my opinion and you saw my neck and now your going for the finishing blow?

Cole O'Neill, the ABA Secretary, confirmed that he is 100% in favour of the ABA Proposal.
A proposal he supported on Jan. 3, 2014, that somehow now never existed.

Cole was sure that ABA proposals are presented to the membership by newsletter or email. Yet the ABA cannot produce any evidence that they ever notified the membership of this ABA Spear Ban proposal that he is 100% in favor of.

How can that be? Surely the ABA Secretary, who's duties are to record and disseminate this information (by ABA Constitution) would have the records.

So here we are now and the ABA is backpedaling, swerving and swinging, trying their hardest to convince people that the sky is any color but blue. Yet despite all the attempts, the ABA will not publically state their current position regarding Spears and Atlatls.

And I thought Redford was good at avoiding telling us what is really going on.

This is such a simple question.

What is the ABA's current position regarding the use of Spears and Atlatls for hunting?

Does the ABA Executive now support the use of spears/atlatls for hunting, or will the ABA executive continue to seek the use of these tools to be banned?

Continued silence and avoidance in answering the questions can only mean one thing....

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."