View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 11:51 PM
Banned

Cool

ok a few points this is called bye catch. fish not intended for market this happens in all net based fishing and has for years.I have seen similar sights on pigeon lake not as bad as the posted pic. if you stop the bye catch you stop the fishery. as an angler this is a travesty. but will it make the news, sorry , probably not in our part of the world. what I find absurd is that every angler in alberta is not protesting these fisheries. when I seen a similar thing on piegon my verbal protest was laughed off it was there right to do this? ? my father taught me right from wrong maybe these men had no fathers.this is happening on every comercial fishery on earth. makes you think. and dont tell me there is no market kootaney lakes burbot were wiped out to sell in the late 80s. burbot have a unique life cycle you would need to research this your self. they feed every lake they occupy. what are we going to do about this. remember to completly stop bye catch you basically have to close all comercial fishing and in this part of the world I really dont see that as going to happen soon. when fish become a tourism draw the become worth millions but millions of people dont want to see drilling rigs or lease sights. I live in olds an old history filled town not one tourists bus in 8 yrs. funny they all go where they are supposed to go banff. to spend there $ on s*** I believe pink floyd say it best welcome to the machine!!