View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Of course there is an oil film there and their clearances as well as their higher compression are also part of the reason that diesels run higher viscosity lubricant in the first place. I was just noting your incorrect description, when it comes to technical descriptions I'm a stickler for accuracy, heck even the rings have an oil film separating them from the cylinder wall if you want to go down that road. If you want to idle excessively you go right ahead, it seems probable that you're running employer supplied/reimbursed fuel if you're fine with the financial waste of idling for so long. People who pay for their own fuel tend to not be so devil-may-care with how much of it is being burned unnecessarily. Just don't think that everyone else is as easy to blind with inaccuracy as your neighbor is.

What is up with the group of fellows who can't bear a brief chill while their vehicle is getting up to temp? I'll drive as soon as I can safely see through the windshield....

Where did I say I let it idle excessively? I did even say how long I let it idle. I let it idle 15min tops. And anyone who owns a 5.9 Cummins will tell you that is not long enough to get heat going lol. I pay for my own fuel and pay and do my own repairs. That’s why I let my truck warm up fuel is cheaper and easier to put in the engines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk