View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 06:13 PM
Banned

Default Yup!

Posted this last week:

Last week I was walking around Lacombe Lake in St. Albert. While I was walking around the lake I noticed what I believed to be an Osprey hovering over the lake in circles around 200 feet up, he/she was obviously scoping it out so I stopped to watch what would happen. I knew there were fish in the lake because I had stopped in the past and asked people that were fishing there what they were fishing for? I was told gold fish, so I laughed to myself and went along my way thinking fishing for tiny gold fish that's funny!

Sure enough it was an Osprey and within 5 minutes of circling down it came really fast, it hit the water hard and to my amazement it took off with a gold fish in claws, not the type of gold fish that you see in an aquarium. this gold fish in my estimation was at least 5 lbs and it was gold in color because I could see the color perfectly!

Anyway a couple of days later I was doing my daily walk and the city was spraying the lake to kill these gold fish that are an invasive species because they want to stock trout in it. I looked in the lake and could not beleve all of the 5 lbs. + gold fish dying in the lake and flaoting to the surface.

If someone had of told me that I would witness an Osprey dive bombing a tiny lake in the city and see it fly away with a 5 lbs + fish I would never had believed them in a million years, yet it happened.

Only sad part of this story it that the Osprey will be gone now that all the fish are all dead. The young boy did catch a 16 lbs gold fish! Next time someone tells me they are fishing for gold fish in the city I am definitely getting my fishing rod lol.

Last edited by GrouseHunter; 09-17-2018 at 06:32 PM.