View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
Gun, gun, gun, gun.

This is a work place accident like what happens everyday all over the world.

Someone is obviously to blame and a full investigation should determine the extent of the negligence.

It wouldn't matter if a camera crane fell on her, she was run down by a vehicle, fell off a horse or tripped on an extension cord. Dead is dead and work places should be made safe.

This is an absolute tragedy for everyone involved and the gun, as usual, is irrelevant. It is a tool. When you use tools without proper training, someone is going to get hurt.

Workplace incident, not accident. I’ve taken enough construction management safety courses to know this will fall on him and management, which, incidentally, is also Baldwin, being that he’s a producer of the flick. He hired the incompetent armorer & he himself was also incompetent/negligent. If either of them had followed better protocols, we’d not even be having this discussion. I hope at least half of Baldwin’s net worth goes to his victims widower and her kids.

One article I read noted the armorer was female and the interviewee who worked with her very recently was skeptical of her rather casual instructions. Was she a diversity hire rather than a competency hire? Not to suggest that women can’t be entirely professional and totally competent with firearms, simply relating that the person interviewed placed some doubt on her professionalism specifically. If she was this bad, why then was she doing that job? Many of us have had the occasional co-worker, employee or even boss who didn’t quite cut it; in the armorer occupation, 2nd rate certainly doesn’t cut it. It’s the same reason that range officers boot out people who can’t follow basic safety rules.