View Single Post
Old 09-29-2023, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurtin Albertin View Post
This team has been an utter embarassing failure since 1990, they fluked into the finals in 2006 post lockout, then they missed the playoffs 10 years in a row and missed something like 12 times in 13 years, they picked first overall 4 times in 6 years, they drafted the best player since Crosby/Ovechkin and still have missed the playoffs or have done nothing, their ownership and coaching has been a clownshow with some horrible accusations against them, they cheated on the cap multiple times, signed the worst dirtbag gambling dirtbag in the league and they only have 1 player on the roster who was alive when they won the cup (a newborn at the time), the arena is a grey depressing ridiculous monstrosity that is already out of style where you have to **** in a bottle if you want to make the next period, this team is the Cleveland Browns of the NHL and possibly the worst pro league sports team in North America over the last 30+ years, in yet I still love them and hope they win the Cup before Draisaitl skips town with McDavid in tow. I am a long suffering Oilers fan, at least I have 5 Cups to look back on from 5 decades ago, please win the Cup Oilers and redeem our team for the 3 decades of darkness.

Amazing that through all of this they still come out looking "5x" as good as the team 300k south who in their history have pretty much won....nothing.