View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 12:42 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=duffy4;910902]Well said. However some of the people these days don't want to watch a good hockey game. It is like the people who go to an auto rase hoping to see a big crash.

Bull **** Duffy.
The hockey I was raised with and the hockey I enjoy watching is rough and tough. What you said in the above statement is comparable to saying you shouldn’t hit a guy as hard as you can in football. Hitting is very much a part of the game. If you wish to lower the level of physicality, I would suggest watching Rec league hockey.
I know you had issue's with how your son was treated during his time playing. But with the advent of Rec hockey I am sure he could find a place to enyoy himself today.

"The Recreational Hockey league was initially created to allow players to stay in the game of hockey by playing in a non-aggressive, non-body checking, non-developmental, and less competitive environment. We understand that hockey is a sport that stirs strong emotions in Canadians, and that the "non-aggressive" and "less competitive" aspects of Recreational Hockey present challenges to some players, coaches, and parents. It is the role of each participant to set the appropriate tone for acceptable behaviour in the league."

I think the above is great for those people who don’t enjoy or who cant handle the physical aspect of today’s game. In fact I recommended this league to a 15 year old boy the other day. Poor kid has suffered 2 concussions this year, but wants to keep playing. One was from hockey and I was at the game, I watched him play, I saw the shift I still don’t know what hurt him. He says he hit the face mask of another player. The other was from Lacrosse. Same type of play.

Jamie