View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSTONE1 View Post
I'm sure there have been many threads on what conditions influence when the bite is hot and when its not. I have started to record this winters ice fishing bite trends to see what makes them bite, or sniff your hook and turn their nose and leave?! Some follow the moon phases, maybe water temperature, wind direction or barometric pressure. I am closely following the barometric pressure theory this winter to see if there is a trend. I think this one has the most influence. But thats just me!

Post your theories, beliefs, or your educated facts on this subject.

I'd like to hear everyones thoughts!!
I think it's global warming myself, these days. I used to blame it on the Russians then I realized they didn't have the technology to influence fish behaviour. There may be link with UFO sightings though. Just my speculations, nothing definitive.

Seriously though, just as you say there are many theories, speculations etc etc. I have used solunar tables going out at best times on best fishing days and nada. Then on a day that shows as poor fishing I have limited, go figure.
I would definitiely agree that water temperature has an effect as they become a lot less active when temepratures rise and O2 levels drop, but I have also had good fishing days with temperatures in the 80's.
All I know is that one day you get them and the next you don't, same time of day same conditions same flies, bait lures or whatever and totally different results.