View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbertslake View Post
I had my best ever day salmon fishing in Labrador on the heels of a thunderstorm and rain pouring out of the heavens.The action was fast and furious. Fresh run fish kept coming up into the pool and I literally had to snatch the flies out of the water 10ft out on a couple of occasions as there were 3 or 4 salmon all following it in and and I didn't want to end up foul hooking one. Only time I have seen that happen.
But then the rain stopped, the sky cleared, out came the sun and the fun was over.
As we walked out we met a couple of guys going in to the same pool. One guy said, 'you fished in that rain, you must be nuts!". To which I replied 'yes, I'm nuts but I enjoyed every minute of it"
Ive seen this when salmon fishing as well, as the low pressure rolls in fish move up in the water column for awhile to regulate their pressure, as it clears and the pressure rises they are forced deeper. Seems to me it has more of an effect on fresh fish. Ive noticed it fishing other species as well, but not as dramatic as Ive experienced fishing Altlantics.