View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 04:26 PM

Default Picking sides

Firstly Sheep, I appreciate all that you brought to this discussion, as I am much more informed than before, (thx for the pms).
This brings up the interesting topic and questions.

If I support RAMP for the right reasons as a landowner, am I percieved as anti hunting and a moneygrabber?

If as a hunter I support HFH for the anticipated benefits am I a holier than thou trophy hunter and against free access?

As a member of a AFGA does not supporting these pilkots brand me as antagonistic to the conservation/stewardship ethic of landowners?

I can see how anyone connected with wildlife is put into very interested camps on the issue and in some cases in a lose/lose situation.

For example what about the 2-3 landowners in 300 that are on the boundary of Waterton and allow access, they theoretically are infringing on the opportunities of the HFHtag purchasers, as the elk move very freely. What will the HFH neighbors think?

It is not a black and white, this issue, and anyone who thinks that we live in some utopian equalitarian world is missing the point.