View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 12:05 PM

Default Upside

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
So if baiting is that ineffective...why would anyone want to see it legalized here? I'm still looking for the upside.
Hey sheep
I'm not picking on you, just debating is all...... I am slightly ticked off with the srd and what went on around home.... Can poke holes in their efforts all day long and for me it became a game of politics/assumptions...Have they ruined 236 , lets just say I hunted real hard to try and fill my mule buck tag this year, what used to be a land of plenty of 170-180 mule bucks isn't such the case anymore....Never seen too many mature mule bucks in 2 weeks of hunting..... Just to clear the air, I'm hoping the deer poulation will return around home , I'm not getting any younger ,

One upside of baiting is one is usually hunting from a tree stand or hunting blind..Should have a standing shot and a clean kill..Unlike road hunting.. Also One will sometimes have pictures of a deer they may particularily like or decide to harvest..... So when it actually does make a mistake you will harvest the deer your after with out ground shrinkage , well possibly....lol... But the same can be achieved in Alberta putting a camera over a scrape
It may also help a few deer particularily bucks survive a hard winter or atleast help, after the rut..... I have a bait still going in Sask and have left my cameras out to see if the particular deer i was after will hit the bait again, and hope my efforts will help him recharge a bit after the rut
Of course this is just my humble opinion, For some people it's a ethics thing and I respect that..... then don't do it plain and simple.....I personally enjoy seeing deer up close and personal, and can't wait for my Sask hunt every year.... I love Sask and their deer numbers.... Might come down to management efforts.... Don't know
Nikon