View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 09:51 AM

Default Pro-dog

It blows me away how many people claim "abuse" of the system if this were allowed. The guys that say that, can I ask you a question?? Have you EVER hunted behind a dog? If you say "no" sorry your opinion is invalid.

Its comical actually..... The guys that "abuse" the system are already out abusing the system as it is. I dont think my dog has ever kicked up a deer while we were bird hunting that I woulda been able to shoot, either with bow or rifle. And what are you gonna do.... Run deer across 17 properties that you only have permission to on one??

Not to often does a deer drop in its tracks. Whether its a quick track job or a long one. I should be able to head back to the truck and get my dog then head back to the shooting site and find the deer. Sure would make it a pile easier to look at night. Not only that but you cant just pick up a puppy throw it on a blood trail and tell em "hunt it up". ALOT of work and time goes into training a dog for hunting.

Saying that hunters will take more marginal shots because the dog can do the work in finding it..... Thats funny too, I dont know ANY hunter that prefers a long tracking job compared to a bang flop. Whether a dog is being used or not, a quick kill is what we ALL strive for, sometimes it doesnt happen.

I also find it funny that no-one has actually said WHY its illegal, quoting the regs, good job but that doesnt answer the why. Personally I dont see any problems at all, having a track dog on a long lead for tracking wounded game. I also dont see a problem with a pack dog being used unleashed.

I am all for the use of dogs!!! Lets make er happen (if we can) lol