View Single Post
Old 01-04-2023, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunluvr View Post
The sensor is to detect flame. It disconnects the ignitor when the burner lights.
If the ignitor is sparking but the burner won't light, either the nozzle is dirty and is making an irregular spray patern or the combustion air is incorrectly adjusted. It's usually a case of too much air, rather than not enough.
The main fan starts when the plenum reaches temperature so controller or fan switch may be faulty.
Some of the controls can be affected by outdoor temperature if they are old and weak. Bring the unit indoors and let it warm up if you can. Replacing the controller can solve a lot of problems.
Thanks for all the help. This is my first time with frost fighters. I should have known that the fan shouldnt run until the plenuim reaches temp. Just like my old oil burnign furnace in the house..its practicly the same. The one machine works ..turned on.. lit... burned.. shut off and fan turned on.. Little embarassed there on that one. The second unit still wont light. And now I know the fan shouldnt be running right off the bat. Would that be causeing it not to light?