View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isopod View Post
Social media in general, and FB in particular, attracts a lot of people who like to tell other people what they should or should not be doing. Add in Covid-19 and they are inspired to take it up a notch, all in the interest of public health of course.

I feel it's best to follow the official public health directives. Those have been determined by teams of real experts, not by Joe Expert on FB.

Right now, Alberta public health orders tell us not to drive to provincial parks. They can't clean facilities in the parks without proper protective gear and it's more important that health care workers have that gear right now. Okay, PP are out.

They have not directed anyone to not go fishing. So fishing is okay when going with people you are in regular contact with anyway, and using physical distancing from others.

If the authorities ultimately decide to close fishing for some reason then of course I would follow those rules. But I'll ignore the extra rules that people on FB and elsewhere are trying to impose on people. Our province has a team of experts to set health guidelines and rules, I'll take my advice from them.
I think you have made some strong points there.

By the way, I contacted AB Parks through FB Messenger. They just got back to me, and they've updated their Facebook page.

Attached is what they've said.
Attached Images
File Type: png AB Parks UPDATE.PNG (31.4 KB, 248 views)