Thread: Kinbasket Lake
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billycap View Post
EZM, just depends on how far you want to go, how many days your spending ,what kind of boat you have and if your planning on camping lakeside or campground/marina.
I am flexible but 3-4 days or so on the water would be ideal.

I was thinking of staying on shore somewhere near (or right in) Valemount and launching every morning and spending a day on the water.

My boat is a 18.5 ft Lund Tyee with a 150 Honda - it's deep, heavy, solid and capable for a little boat of that size. I have had it out in some pretty choppy weather and it has been outstanding.

In terms of range I'm thinking we are talking 250 km safely - I can cruise at 80% throttle @ 60 km/hr (where it's reasonable on fuel consumption) so going 100 km in one direction, trolling around, and back, all in one day shouldn't be out of the question. Obviously, If I'm doing 90 minutes one way, and missing 3 hours of fishing time, I'm hoping the fishing is worth the travel, of course.

The boat has 2 completely isolated and independent GPS systems, will have a VHF on board, and all the safety equipment/backup I will need - as I understand this lake can be devoid of other boats/people.

I also have down riggers and gear capable of trolling deep and all the lyman lures, apexes, etc... a guy would want - and I'm old enough to have experience using the stuff (having done it wrong for the first 10 years or so - lol).

That's what I'm dealing with - so any advice you can provide would be appreciated. Nothing like getting a helping hand on a new body of water to make a trip a little more successful.

My boat is also open to having out with us for a day if you want to show us around a bit, or if you want to meet and chat over a beer or coffee.

It's a beautiful area that I've passed through lots of times over the years and you are lucky to live there - I am envious.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_00000320.jpg (59.8 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg Trolling Pierce.jpg (48.1 KB, 86 views)

Last edited by EZM; 07-07-2016 at 10:46 PM.