View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 10:19 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks for your information. A bit of a drive, McGregor lake is south east of Calgary, just past Vulcan, but is one of the better pike fishing holes I’ve ever been to. At the north end of the waterway is a rock wall, which seems to have a really deep drop off, and there are plenty of fish to go around. One time we pulled a pike out of here that had a baby duck in it’s stomach. Pike fish fight so hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdvinTheKid
If you are looking for Pike then I recommend trying Dalemead Lake. If you go to where the canal is, you will easily catch quite a few Pike - and if your lucky, the bigger Pike are lurking around in there too!

We also have Eagle Lake which is close to Strathmore (Its like an hour drive from where I live). Supposedly, there are big Pike there because there is a 0 keep limit on them.

We also have Pine Coulee which is famous for its Pike and Walleye. However this lake has been extremely heavily fished this season so you wont catch nearly as much fish as you would years ago.

Then there is also Chain Lake which has been mentioned above already - I would go here in the winter as ice fishing here is very fun!

We also have Twin Valley Reservoir which is like an 1hr and 20 from where I live. My favorite lake, very beautiful! Now getting to the good spots requires a little off road driving and walking through grass that is taller than you but it is very worth it. Big Pike at this lake and always an adventure. If you have a boat then definitely would recommend giving this lake a shot.