View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
You do know there's a difference between having cancer or falling in the bathtub and being shot right?
Dead is dead. Glorify or politicize all you want but mandatory driving classes and drug awareness in the classrooms would actually make a difference.

It is proven that people become paranoid when they feel that something is completely out of their control and applies directly to them.

Thousands of people die everyday on the highways all around us yet we drive on oblivious to the real dangers.

Why?

Because we are in almost complete denial of reality. It's not going to happen to us because we are better drivers, it only happens to bad drivers.

Up to 4000 kids die from overdose but not ours.

Why?

We are better parents than those other folks. Those kids chose or deserve this, mine of course do not.

They had two actors lay in front of a busy office complex in obvious distress. One was dressed like a homeless man and the other in suit and tie.

As you might have guessed, nearly everyone offered assistance to the well dressed man and none to the homeless.

They could see themselves in the well dressed man and reacted accordingly. It could happen to them and it scared them into action. It doesn't make them good people, it in fact makes them self serving.

I am sorry about your paranoia and as a parent I understand your feelings of helplessness when things like this happen. Believe me, if I thought for a second that there was even a chance that the criminally insane would abide by new legislation I would be right there on the ban wagon with you.