View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 05:18 PM

This happend almost 2 decades ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday! My father, a family friend, and I were fishing the Crowsnest river. Fishing was very slow which is quite unusual, and neither of us had caught anything in the three days we had been there. This was very frustrating, because the Crow has always been good to us! On the third night, we had just finished eating a late dinner, and being that it was mid September, it was already dark, and not just dark with a bright moon, but very dark. I heard something splashing around in the water earlier on in the day, and I thought to myself, maybe I should throw on a giant hopper, and go give it a try, after all you will never catch fish if your fly is not in the water, anyways after my very first cast I heard a super splash, and as I could not see what was going on, I pulled back my rod as if setting the hook, and low and behold, I had a giant! I screamed like a school girl, not even knowing. My Dad, and friend came rushing down to the river to se me retrieve a beautiful 24" bull trout. This is not the biggest bull trout I ever caught but definately the most memorable!