View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expmler View Post
So there are no city taxes, everyone of those examples but boating on the river are city facilities paid for by taxes that you pay. Without that payment there would be no access because the facilities would not exist.
Yes I pay city taxes,provincial taxes, and federal taxes, but I receive direct benefits in return. I don't pay a fee just to enter our city, our province, or our country, and I don't pay a fee to enter public land to hunt or fish. I buy the appropriate licences, but those are required to hunt and fish regardless of where I hunt or fish, be it public or private.

Quote:
Wow can you imagine the whining, moaning and dripping if landownerswhere to form a coalition of a township of land and charge $100 a day per head. Maybe we could afford to buy our own grader to keep the roads in good shape. That would be something wouldn't it.
I guess that it would be just as fair to charge every rural resident a fee of $100 per head every time they entered our cities, to help pay for our roads and facilities?

I grew up in a rural area, and the family still owns land, we just don't whine about wanting to charge someone to hunt on it.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 03-28-2014 at 08:48 AM.